One of the most appreciated and fashionable accessories for modern women are the acrylic nails – specially crafted and realistic artificial nails. Acrylic nails are highly appreciated and sought after because they last for a long time, are hard to break and look absolutely amazing for an indefinite amount of time. With acrylic nails, you can achieve the long beautiful nails that you have always wanted. Your hands will always look well-manicured and impeccable with acrylic nails. There is no waiting for nails to grow and no breakage with normal wear. Unlike natural nails which often grow unevenly, when you opt for acrylic nails, they will be perfectly shaped and matching in length.
Your new nails offer a bevy of color and design possibilities, enough to fit every woman’s imagination and personal style. Acrylic nails do not crack, chip, or peel, as long as they are maintained properly. There are many popular looks such as the French manicure as well as many popular nail art designs from eccentric to holiday themes.
Acrylic nails can help you obtain the manicure you have always wanted. In order to keep them looking naturally beautiful, you need to take care of them as you would take care of your own nails. For acrylic nails, there are special treatments and advice that should always be followed in order to keep them looking beautiful and safe for your hands.
These artificial nails contain polymer based substances and it is very important to correctly care for them in order to avoid fungi or allergic reactions. These can affect your health negatively as well as the health of those you come in contact with if not treated. These bacteria can destroy the shape and design of your new nails. Here are five tips that will help you care for your acrylic nails:
- Act as if the acrylic nails are actually your own as you go through day to day activities. The acrylic nails are very beautiful and stylish but they are usually longer than normal nails and it will take some time to get used to them. In the meantime, do not choose activities you would not do with your own nails such as sports. Even though acrylic nails are very durable and will likely not break, you may feel pain when they are put in a bind. In order to avoid breaking your new nails, avoid sudden contact with hard surfaces or applying too much pressure on them.
- Keep the acrylic nails as dry as possible. If your acrylic nails are constantly wet, fungus is more likely to grow under the nail. Bacteria love warm, moist places so try to keep your acrylic nails as dry as possible. After washing your hands or climbing out of the shower or swimming pool, always dry your hands thoroughly with an absorbent cloth or paper towel. Also, when washing dishes or working with cleaners around the house, you should wear rubber or latex gloves to protect your nails.
- Use oil, petroleum jelly or lip balm on your nails and cuticle bed. The oil from these sources will give your artificial nails more flexibility and help maintain the color for a longer period of time. The petroleum jelly will also help the acrylic nails last longer and maintain their shine. The lip balm can also help strengthen the acrylic nails and maintain the shine.
- File the acrylic nails regularly to avoid damage. Although this is something that you regularly do with your natural nails, it is also important to file your acrylic nails on a regular basis. This will keep them looking beautiful and brand-new.
- Buff the acrylic nails for an amazing shine that looks like a fresh coat of paint. The most recommended buffers for your acrylic nails are the four-sided buffers, which can even out, buff, smooth, and shine your acrylic nails. Buffing your acrylic nails will help you maintain their natural and polished look.
These are some tips that will help you care for your acrylic nails at home. If you feel more comfortable having a professional care for your acrylic nails, you will need to call for an appointment. When you visit the salon, a specialist will not only care for your acrylic nails but they will also do touch ups and ‘fills’ – adding acrylic to the new growth between your artificial nail and the cuticle.
Taking proper care of your new acrylic nails will not only help you maintain a beautiful well-polished manicure, but it will also help you maintain proper health for your own natural nails underneath. These five tips are vital for your nails to look amazing while a perfect manicure. Take care of your acrylic nails and enjoy the way they make you look and feel about yourself.